TPMS Disarming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disarm the TPMS system. I have an 03 Expy EB and not only does the light come on but the alarm goes off every 30 seconds. Big Big PIA. Any info is appreciated.

OP
OP
J

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanted to disarm the system. I found out today it can't be done. When it's get cold the batteries send bad signals and the alarm goes off. As far as I know they are the original sensors.

JJBovenzi

Reaction score
I have an 04 EB. Had to have three of my sensors replaced due to bad batteries. They're fairly inexspensive, i think it was $28 each at Wal-Mart. I'm in Montana and it's been pretty cold here. Haven't had any issues with my TPMS since replacing them.

LoneStarLoner

Reaction score
I have an 03 and wound up changing all 5 on mine at Discount Tire. I had terrible issues with them when I bought the vehicle with the alarm going off and my message center saying tire pressure sensor fault and check tire pressure. No issues once I replaced them but you have to make sure whoever resets them puts the truck into tire training mode. I had to take it back a few times because a lot of the reps at Discount didn’t know how to do that until a manager came along and fixed it up for me. I also had no idea that my spare had a tpms sensor in it. I confirmed with the dealer and replaced that one as well. When the temp drops, I occasionally get a TPMS Fault message but no beeping and it resolves itself in a couple of days.

Tdh777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was this an optional item? I have an 03 eb as well and it doesn’t have tpms

OP
OP
J

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't buy the truck new but I thought they were standard on the Eddy Bauer model.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire