TPMS Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone order any TPMS sensors for the Gen 4?

I have been having a hard time finding them when I put in 22 Timberline some Ford sites list none and other Ford sites lists dozens of them.
Is there a part # anyone know of or is there generic models. Not sure the Ford Mhz.
I would order genuine Ford OEM TPMS sensors.

Last year I had ordered winter tires from Tire Rack, along with their "generic" TPMS sensors for the Expy. No one could get them programmed right, not even Ford dealer. Tire Rack then sent me another version, same deal. Overall, I probably spent $400 in mounting and balancing costs trying to program their cheap TPMS sensors.

In the end, I went with OEM sensors and they worked right away.

Don't know what the deal was, but I would urge caution buying generic TPMS sensors for cheap.

OP
OP
LazSlate

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been searching for the last few hours and sometimes its so cryptic finding the right parts as all these places list different stuff.
But seems the consensus on most Ford sites are original part # FR3Z-1A189-A which is replaced by part FR3Z-1A189-F and is compatible with 2018-2022. Again not 100% but I ordered the FR3Z-1A189-F for my 2022 Timberline so will see what happens.
Had some aftermarket ordered but after looking on the internet about the 50%-50% success rates decided to go with OEM.

Infra246

Reaction score
Where did you buy the max sensors. Did they seller do some pre programming to them before shipping to match Ford since they are universal?
I bought them from a site in Canada, they had to program them based on make year and model. I have seen them on eBay and amazon as well.

Infra246

Reaction score
I think the big question is did Ford change the sensors on 2022 to tpms60?
According to my local dealer's parts guy they did, so the question is what is the difference between TPMS 42 and TPMS 60 if the old ones work as well.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to my local dealer's parts guy they did, so the question is what is the difference between TPMS 42 and TPMS 60 if the old ones work as well.

It’s likely upgraded or different circuit components. They both operate the same way, and on the same frequency.
It’s very common for manufacturers to replace older model components with newer replacements that work the same. Perhaps the newer ones are more efficient.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The correct sensors for a '22 Timberline Expedition, or any 2022 Expedition are TPMS102. They're quite pricey as well!