trans slipping w/no OD flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

braddaddy

Reaction score
well I got the codes scaned.....1- some battery issue and 2- something about cop E....I was really bumbed as I didnt have any code relating directly or indirectly to the trans....so I didnt bother having them print out the results
So I thought I would check out the #5 (abcd E-1234 5) COP connection.....IT WAS DISCONNECTED!!
I had replaced all of my plugs and COPs about a month before my trans issue...I must not have tightly secured the connection.
I plugged it in and...............TRANS ISSUE GONE! Runs smothly thru the gears.
I couldnt believe it!!!!
Not only is the trans issue gone...but my a/c was not working--the compressor was not ingaging....now it works fine as well.
The #5 COP being disconnected can cause alot of headache....and I didnt even concider it being a culprit ... I didnt think one had to do with the other.
Check those plugs and COP connections!!!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The common point between them is the pcm. Guess that is why they called it the "powertrain control module" instead of ecu...

Michaelwilson

Reaction score
well I got the codes scaned.....1- some battery issue and 2- something about cop E....I was really bumbed as I didnt have any code relating directly or indirectly to the trans....so I didnt bother having them print out the results
So I thought I would check out the #5 (abcd E-1234 5) COP connection.....IT WAS DISCONNECTED!!
I had replaced all of my plugs and COPs about a month before my trans issue...I must not have tightly secured the connection.
I plugged it in and...............TRANS ISSUE GONE! Runs smothly thru the gears.
I couldnt believe it!!!!
Not only is the trans issue gone...but my a/c was not working--the compressor was not ingaging....now it works fine as well.
The #5 COP being disconnected can cause alot of headache....and I didnt even concider it being a culprit ... I didnt think one had to do with the other.
Check those plugs and COP connections!!!

Quick question what is a COP?

OP
OP
B

braddaddy

Reaction score
Sorry, I may have used a wrong acronym... The #5 spark plug boot electrical connection connection was disconnected

bc11

Reaction score
Quick question what is a COP?

Coil on Plug. Each spark plug has its own coil to fire it hence its own separate connector going to it to pulse/fire the coil. Don't worry, there are plenty things mentioned around here with initials that I have trouble figuring out. My 57 chevy that I could drive under a tree and have the engine and transmission out in 30 minutes didn't have all this stuff.