Transmission question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok quick questions...... Would a 2004 crown victoria police interceptor with the 4.6 having a 4R75W transmission, would that transmission fit a 06 expedition with the 5.4 engine having the same 4R75W transmission. Is there some where i can call? A website i can look at? Plz help...

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have access to the interceptor make sure you get the pcm if it hasn't been reflashed. You will be amazed at the performance difference between the two.
Check Rock Auto for a reman trans for both units and the torque converter. If the numbers are the same it would be a direct replacement.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt the interceptor PCM will work. They only came with 4.6L 2Vs.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In that case you would have to lock the cam phasers. Another issue to consider would be the emissions for the 06 year.
Where I live we don't have emission testing, so anything goes.

magindat

Reaction score
Transmissions should be the same. Output yoke may be different if Expy is a 4wd since it hits a t-case not a driveshaft.

OP
OP
AbelNavyvet

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No I had to let the Tranny go I called Ford and Paul from Customer Service said that the tranny wont fit for 3 reasons the Yoke, The Shifting points, and that tranny is made for a 2V. An that dude in Kingsville, TX was asking 75$

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The shift points are controlled by the computer. The yoke is easily changed is that is the only issue. I did not think 2Vs and 3V have different bell housings but I am not sure on that.

OP
OP
AbelNavyvet

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I thought but when I went to the dudes house he showed it to me and it looked fine but looked rather small so I decided to call Ford instead.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is only meant shine a different light...
What can you tell by looking at something? You only see the outside - not the internal condition. How are the clutch packs, bands, bearings and sprags. Can you tell?
It is always "buyer beware". Different story if the owner can produce paperwork on a recent rebuild.