Turbonator? Does it work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bensonfive-oh

Reaction score
What is the deal with the Turbonator? It looks too good to be true with a price tag of $69.95, plus they claim it will add up to 35 horsepower! Who's bought one of these and noticed a difference?

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
NO don't get it! Those don't work at all, I use to own a mercedes and some guy in a mercedes forum got one for his and dynoed it and it reduced the hp by 1 or 2!

OP
OP
B

Bensonfive-oh

Reaction score
Where can I get a good aftermaket intake kit? I'm considering getting the Gibson exhaust as most of you have already recommended. I looking to free up an additional 30-50 horsepower, but don't want to spend thousands either.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
look on ebay here is one. They even show the dyno sheet, proving that it ads 10 hp. It's pretty expensive though. At that price you might want to look into a chip.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Turbonator has been tested on several civics from my other timewaster www.7thgencivic.com
None of the dyno tests showed gains, just a decrease in HP. It did however increase gas mileage because of what was deemed to be restrictive airflow.
Remember the Tornado, it's up the same alley. Save your dough and go for the intake.

OP
OP
B

Bensonfive-oh

Reaction score
Ok, but who makes an intake kit for the 4.6 liter 2003 Expedition. It seems there are more performance parts out there for the 5.4 liter engine.