Turn signal mirror insert revisited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed a number of times. I even found most of the information here on how to do it on the 2003-2006 Expy that didn't have them standard. I have to remove my door cards for many reasons,
like doors that don't latch in the cold weather until you hit the electric door lock button up and down a few times and intermittent working lights on some of those buttons. New door speakers while I'm at it.
But to get to the point: I did read somewhere here that you can buy just the OEM signal inserts with the puddle light that attaches to the mirror,
rather than the whole mirror. I can't find this while doing a search or looking at eBay. Just aftermarket stick on stuff. Haven't checked the dealer, but of course they will cost a lot more than if I can get them on the outside. While I'm at it, heated mirror glass would be nice if available. I would understand that it might be cost effective to just buy the whole mirror at that point, but I would appreciate if anyone has got a link for these two items that can be added to the side mirrors.
At least the turn signal inserts.
Thanks

OP
OP
D

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nobody's got a link for the turn signal/puddle lamp inserts for door mirrors?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So u have the puddle light? If not theres no way to get around buying the entire mirror...u can get them on ebay for $150 or so

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
D

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got just the puddle light. Black plastic's around it and not the amber turn signal. I thought I read somewhere here that you can buy the amber turn signal insert which will already have the puddle light in the middle and just swap it with the black plastic/puddle light blank at the bottom of the mirror assembly. Of course you still gotta make the electrical connections, but I see where that's gone over in this forum.
So you're saying that this isn't true and you have to go with the whole mirror?
Thanks for the feedback.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk...if u have puddle...u may be able too...see if u can take the cover off the puddle...if so u should be able to do it

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

mh68

Reaction score
My 04 Expy has the puddle lights and amber turn signals in the bottom of the mirror. When I bought it, they looked like crap. I was trying to find replacements and couldn't find any amber ones. I ended up getting OEM smoked clear ones for Navigators off Ebay and used clear light bulbs because the amber bulbs weren't bright enough.

Mike