turning off annoying bell noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danketchpel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to disable the annoying bell that seems to come on anytime something isn't just right?

It seems to go off any time the key is in and something isn't locked down, buckled up, turned off, or generally Ford approved procedure.

There are many times I'd like to have the key in, lights on, seat belt off (I've sort of fixed that one), engine on or off, you know, actually live with the vehicle on my terms.

It drives me nuts!!!!!

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look in your manual. I know the new aviator has this long drawn out process of buckling and unbuckling the seatbelt to turn off the beltminder system. Or you could just find the dinger and unplug it (if that still works, it used to but 04 is pretty new)

OP
OP
D

danketchpel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've done the seatbelt minder process already and it's an improvement. It will still ring but it will now shut off after about 4 dings and stay off as long as the key stays in. I searched the manual for the other bell noises and nothing.

I've tried to trace where the actual ringer unit is but can't find it. I'm afraid it's part of the dashboard circuit card or some other modular unit but I'm not certain.

In the past I've always just pulled the wire on the ringer unit or pulled the unit itself and been happy. Now I have to deal with a higher level of integration.