UDPs and E-fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the zip ties, check the section in Autozone where they have e-fans and transmission coolers. You should see them there. If you don't see any, then they probably don't have any (some of them do, some don't.)

If all else fails, you could order this. It would be for the same price as the ones your get from Autozone (including shipping), you'd just have to wait for them to get there.

OP
OP
E

expy916

Reaction score
So.......I got done with the UDP's and E-fans. The one thing that was unexpected is that I was following your write up and noticed that the radiators are different on earlier expeditions. I had to drill four holes into the fan shroud and use bolts to hold it in place. The only downside is that the ac is not as cold as before. I also replaced the water pump while I was there. I will be connecting the wire that sends the signal for the fan to turn on with the ac once I fix the cycling problem. (the clutch hasnt disengaged since I replaced the compressor and acumulator :confused: ). I will post pics later.

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the UPD's :)

Yea, the A/C should be cooler when stopped when you connect the wire.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly, but I hear around 200 is a good temp.