Underground car parking lot entrance height limit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
Just curious, anyone know what is the purpose of the shark fin that's on the roof?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s the sacrificial parking deck alert system...
That was the role played by the antenna on my F150 as well. Little less catastrophic if the old-fashioned wire antenna drug across a ceiling than the sharkfin, however.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I for one never trust the posted height. When they repave or resurface the driveway or parking lot, I have never seen anyone remeasure and post new restrictions, therefore it may or may not be even remotely accurate. Many a time my copilot has exited and watched as I slid through. It may look silly, but I have never hit anything (yet).

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, don’t just blindly follow a Suburban into a parking garage. They sit lower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennyD

Reaction score
It’s the sacrificial parking deck alert system...
Hahahahahahaha!

My office parking deck posts a 6'7" clearance, and it is - as someone else rightfully said - a pucker-inducing experience. The Expy clears it by *maybe* 2-3 inches.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I frequently park in a garage at a local theater where the height bar whacks me on the way in (downward ramp transition to flat floor), but i do fit in the parkade. but yea, so many times i find myself ducking while driving through parkades.. yea i know, it doesn't change how high the vehicle is. lol.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what a SWB Expy looks like in a parking garage with a 6'8" height limit.

20200306_172927951_iOS.jpg