unlock - all doors at once?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perpendicular

Reaction score
I recently got an 07 EL and want the remote to unlock all of the doors with just one push of the button. Is the truck capable of being programmed to do this? Will the FORScan do it, or is there a different way?

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2004 requires 2 pushes on the FOB to unlock all doors. The first push unlocks the driver's door, the second push unlocks the rest of the doors.

Don't know if that sequence can be changed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Perpendicular

Reaction score
Right, that is mine as well, but I am hoping I can change this behavior like you can in most other vehicles.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lock my keys in my 2014 most of the time. When I unlock using the keypad, is there a way to unlock all doors from that without the reprogram? My wife likes the driver's door only unlock when she drives it. As it is now, I have to unlock and open my door, then let her in by inside button. OK most of the time, not so in rain and/or snow squalls...

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I make sure that the key fob only unlocks the drivers door only. To me this is a safety item. When my wife or daughter are at a gas station or store. They can get inside quickly without someone coming in the passenger door. It make take a few seconds to unlock all the doors, but to me, it's a good idea.

OP
OP
P

Perpendicular

Reaction score
I lock my keys in my 2014 most of the time. When I unlock using the keypad, is there a way to unlock all doors from that without the reprogram? My wife likes the driver's door only unlock when she drives it. As it is now, I have to unlock and open my door, then let her in by inside button. OK most of the time, not so in rain and/or snow squalls...
From the online manual -

Unlocking and locking the doors and liftgate using keyless entry To unlock the driver’s door, enter the factory set 5-digit code or your personal code. Each number must be pressed within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps will illuminate. To unlock all doors and liftgate, press the 3 • 4 control within five seconds. To lock all doors and liftgate, press the 7 • 8 and the 9 • 0 at the same time. Note: The driver’s door must be closed. You do not need to enter the keypad code first. To open the liftglass, press the 5 • 6

I make sure that the key fob only unlocks the drivers door only. To me this is a safety item. When my wife or daughter are at a gas station or store. They can get inside quickly without someone coming in the passenger door. It make take a few seconds to unlock all the doors, but to me, it's a good idea.
I, thankfully, live in a bit more safe area. I also need to get to the back seat almost every time (laptop bag, groceries, etc almost always with us)