unlock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramsesfan13

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a new Ford owner and loving it! However, I'm having a dandy of a problem learning all there is to know about the electronics of this beast. I was a nice husband and installed a remote start on the Expy. All is fine, but when I try to unlock the doors with the aftermarket keyfob, I get nothing. It locks ok. I triple checked the connection, (it's soldered). I've done extensive research, found info, but no conclusion/resolution. I've read about a GEM? Something about a wake-up? All I know is that I would like to give this xmas gift to my wife in perfect working order, and I'm lost. I have the wire connected to the pink/green wire. But I see there is a Red/orange wire for the actual motor. Is there a trick, or something I'm missing? Please help!

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
need to wake-up the sleepy bcm. easiest way i know how is to pulse before the drivers door pin, then double unlock pulse the door unlock.

OP
OP
R

ramsesfan13

Reaction score
Sorry, no idea what you're saying. I have tapped the wire in the drivers kick panel, behind emergency brake, just before it goes through the wall to the door. The remote start does have a setting to 1 pulse or 2 pulse when unlocking, I tried both, but nothing.

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like the remote starter you got for your truck doesn't have the capablitiy of interfacing it properly.