unlock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramsesfan13

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a new Ford owner and loving it! However, I'm having a dandy of a problem learning all there is to know about the electronics of this beast. I was a nice husband and installed a remote start on the Expy. All is fine, but when I try to unlock the doors with the aftermarket keyfob, I get nothing. It locks ok. I triple checked the connection, (it's soldered). I've done extensive research, found info, but no conclusion/resolution. I've read about a GEM? Something about a wake-up? All I know is that I would like to give this xmas gift to my wife in perfect working order, and I'm lost. I have the wire connected to the pink/green wire. But I see there is a Red/orange wire for the actual motor. Is there a trick, or something I'm missing? Please help!

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
need to wake-up the sleepy bcm. easiest way i know how is to pulse before the drivers door pin, then double unlock pulse the door unlock.

OP
OP
R

ramsesfan13

Reaction score
Sorry, no idea what you're saying. I have tapped the wire in the drivers kick panel, behind emergency brake, just before it goes through the wall to the door. The remote start does have a setting to 1 pulse or 2 pulse when unlocking, I tried both, but nothing.

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like the remote starter you got for your truck doesn't have the capablitiy of interfacing it properly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50