Vehicle kept running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig43

Reaction score
My wife turned off and removed the key from our 2015 expedition and the vehicle kept running. It took a few tries of turning the key off and finally it stopped running. Any ideas?

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ignition switch could be going bad. I had a truck that did the same thing. I used it as a feature to warm up the truck. Start it, remove the key and lock the doors.
If you have to change out the switch, you'll have to have it programmed and depending on how you do it, you may end up with a ignition key and a separate door key.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like my older brothers 57 Chevy. Anybody here old enough remembers you didn't need the key because of 2 protrusions on ignition switch tumbler. Keys were only for locking the switch. Yours does sound like a failing electrical part of the ignition switch. Do the dash lights flicker or stay on when key is on. Pretty rare though for a 3 1/2 year old SUV.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk