Very Quick Request of a Fellow Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiddKid

Reaction score
Sorry to split this out into its own thread, but thought I'd call attention to my request that is buried in the linked thread below.

Simple request: Turn on your 2018 Expedition in Accessory Mode (power on with your foot off the brake, no engine). Does your main display throw the "system fault" I included in the attached picture? Thank you in advance! I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for another issue and I'm very curious if this is a problem with my truck or if it's just a quirk of the new model as hypothesized in the thread:

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/drive-mode-selection-system-fault.34493/

IMG_1516.jpg

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine doesn't fault either, just shows full accessory power active or something like that.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Sorry to split this out into its own thread, but thought I'd call attention to my request that is buried in the linked thread below.

Simple request: Turn on your 2018 Expedition in Accessory Mode (power on with your foot off the brake, no engine). Does your main display throw the "system fault" I included in the attached picture? Thank you in advance! I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for another issue and I'm very curious if this is a problem with my truck or if it's just a quirk of the new model as hypothesized in the thread:

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/drive-mode-selection-system-fault.34493/

View attachment 23496
Are you in 4 or 2 wheel drive when this pops up?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Throws the same fault in both 2H and 4A.

Taking it in today...thank you @jgudnason and @Brian Corr for confirming it doesn't happen on yours!
But J. Ski is thinking that Brian Corr and jgudnason had theirs in two wheel drive mode... Which would change the ECUs expected responses from the transfer case/center differential.

OP
OP
M

MiddKid

Reaction score
After spending the day at the dealer...

The truck isn't showing any faults on their computer. The tech tried to use the "it will always give that message when the engine isn't on." I mentioned that I asked online and others don't have the issue (thanks everyone). They've escalated it to Ford (along with my USB issue). Expect to hear back in a few days...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani