Vinyl Color Touch up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unlike the vinyl / plastic parts on my 2000 expedition which were color thru, the plastic parts in the cargo area of my 2011 seem to have a painted type of finish on them which can scuff or can be scrapped off.

Does anyone know if there is a touch up paint available for the Camel interior color ?? I am betting their probably isn't. Thanks.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can find a SEM color that matches, I have used it to paint center consoles, armrests, and even steering wheels in the past--if prepped right, it's VERY durable.

Seems weird that the parts would not be color-thru. Is it possible it was a Repaired and/or Salvaged Vehicle which would have had replacement parts put in? or, an interior conversion at some point?

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, Brand new Expedition. I have been aware that certain plastic interior parts do have a color coating or paint. Just a couple of minor scuffs but would like to eliminate.

From the research I have done, it is much like Ford wheels. No color codes and no touch up paint available.

If anyone has any information to the contrary, please advise.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think Ford stopped selling interior spray. If you find someone that has some left over you should be looking for part # PM-19M547-0003H ( camel interior)
I still have a can or two of the interior spray from my 02 Eddie Bauer.

I would love to find the silvery gray color on the sides of the center console and dash. They seem to get nicked and scratched way to easy.

Matt

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately you seem to be right RI-Matt. They apparently have stopped making these interior paints some years ago since there are so few people like us who want to keep our vehicles looking like new.

I did find that "TCP Global " will mix up a pint of interior paint for $50.00 plus shipping. Not ready to do that yet.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll recommend again the SEM interior paint. They should have factory matches, and they are a LOT less than $50 each. If I drove on a painted steering wheel for 5 years with no issues, it'll definitely stand up to other areas of the car.

SEM Products :: Home

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They apparently have stopped making these interior paints some years ago since there are so few people like us who want to keep our vehicles looking like new.

Yup, The last chart I have showing interior paint was for the 2009 MY.
There has to be some leftover stock somewhere out there. I bet you could get a local body shop supply place to color match a spray can for you. At least thats my plan in the future.

Matt

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll recommend again the SEM interior paint. They should have factory matches, and they are a LOT less than $50 each. If I drove on a painted steering wheel for 5 years with no issues, it'll definitely stand up to other areas of the car.

SEM Products :: Home

Thanks sir, I have contacted them to see what they can provide.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im going to see if they can color match exterior and for their carpet spray...cant seem to find a green carpet anywhere