Want opinions on aftermarket headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Anzos are ugly, but the projectors are perfectly useable.

You just NEED to add a 35w HID kit immediately (~$30, amazon). The included bulbs are a joke.
Stock halogen is perfectly useable but you'll notice everyone wants to upgrade... There's a big difference between a quality HID projector and a poor quality halogen projector with an HID bulb dropped in. It's fact man, do some research

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stock halogen is perfectly useable but you'll notice everyone wants to upgrade... There's a big difference between a quality HID projector and a poor quality halogen projector with an HID bulb dropped in. It's fact man, do some research

Yeah except my previous HID experience is stock factory-equipped BMW bixenon...

And I almost ALWAYS drive nights and often rack up tens of thousands of night miles per year

PS subjective opinion: Anzo w/35w gets you 90-95% of the "premium factory bixenon on a luxury vehicle" experience...and gets you flashed at LESS often lol

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
You know why you get flashed in a "luxury" vehicle? Because they are aimed incorrectly from the factory just like many other oem(check you alignment and you'll see)! Ever see a legit retrofitter use a BMW projector on a retro? Never and theres a reason for that. You know how many retrofitted Ferrari ive seen? Hundreds and that's well above a BMW. Call it opinion all you want but it's fact they are poor projectors and will never perform as they should

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Yeah except my previous HID experience is stock factory-equipped BMW bixenon...

And I almost ALWAYS drive nights and often rack up tens of thousands of night miles per year

PS subjective opinion: Anzo w/35w gets you 90-95% of the "premium factory bixenon on a luxury vehicle" experience...and gets you flashed at LESS often lol
I invite you to join headlight junkies on Facebook and ask some questions. All professional retrofitters and will show you the difference because they've work will every type of projector, aftermarket headlight. Have a look please

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok lol

Amazon Chinese xenon in Korean Anzos sucks

BUT!!!!
German bixenon in stock BMW also really sux
Ferrari xenon sux too (which btw I find easier to believe)

Solution: listen to the kids on facebook, throw oodles of $$$ at it and it will be hella baller lol

PS bimmers get flashed because they sit hella LOW, so their headlights get aimed kinda differently --- else they wouldn't light up anything above your ankle

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 55w ballast and hid in mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Ok lol

BUT!!!!
German bixenon in BMW sux
Ferrari xenon sux too

Solution: listen to the kids on facebook, throw oodles of $$$ at it and it will be hella baller lol
Obviously it pointless to even try to discuss lighting with you. All ill say is I encourage you to do some research and join that group. Its filled with people and businesses that get paid hundreds to thousands for retrofits and if you think someone will pay for sub par lighting during a retro your crazy. Good day

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PPS what retrofit in a BMW projector??? The darn thing COMES STOCK WITH BIXENON

You can't HID retrofit a headlight that's factory HID

Ballasts are perfectly good, no complaints there, so if you wanna swap your bulbs in those....you just swap the bulbs. Ain't nothing to retrofit there

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Ok lol

BUT!!!!
German bixenon in stock BMW also really sux
Ferrari xenon sux too (which btw I find easier to believe)

PS bimmers get flashed because they sit hella LOW, so their headlights get aimed kinda differently --- else they wouldn't light up anything above your ankle
Hahaha the edit you dropped in is great! BMW are low so they aim differently... I enjoyed that one. Thanks!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And as to light output... a nice double click on the bimmer can change a traffic signal over a mile away, easy.

I've changed 10 lights simultaneously going south on western in LA on multiple occasions

What more do you want? To signal space aliens on andromeda?????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65