Wet tire? or bright black clean rubber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on the look you're going for, and how soon the vehicle will be driven.

For the Expy, I like to use the Meg's Hot Shine Foam and let it sit overnight. I hate the Hot Shine and NXT Insane shine sprays since they sling like no tomorrow (even after letting them sit overnight).

For other people, I think we use a wipe on product that leaves a "clean" look, plus, since it's wipe on, it slings less. I think it's from Detailer's Pride, but not sure...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the product "slings" up on the body and trim. It'll usually be black, oily spots.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya im usin meguirs spray shine i let it sling for a day or two then take a rag to back quarter panel wipe it right off and tires look perfect for atleast a week. still my favorite tire product dust doesnt stick to my tires like almost everything else i have tried. i do have meguirs tire foam but it just sits there so im gonna take walnuts advice and use it in engine bay

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i LOVE black magic tire shine GEL!!! SUUUUUUPER wet look...stays on for 2wks easily!!! got on it last summer...never turned to another product since...doesnt sling...doesnt wash off from rain...people constantly ask how i get the tires SOOOOOOOO wet...my #1 choice!!! they give you a sponge to put the gel on and its the perfect size for my 305/35/24....im still on the bottle from last summer and i use it ever time i wash the truck...

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^----+1 on the black magic! Its great! All I will use. And you usually dont have any or at least very little sling

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ill have to give it a shot... i think ill need a bigger sponge i got a lil more tire surface then you do i cant afford the bling