Wet tire? or bright black clean rubber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i LOVE black magic tire shine GEL!!! SUUUUUUPER wet look...stays on for 2wks easily!!! got on it last summer...never turned to another product since...doesnt sling...doesnt wash off from rain...people constantly ask how i get the tires SOOOOOOOO wet...my #1 choice!!! they give you a sponge to put the gel on and its the perfect size for my 305/35/24....im still on the bottle from last summer and i use it ever time i wash the truck...

that wont work for me, nuts, lane, any of use with BIG tires, not rubber bands. haha no i herd that works great. i need to get me some to try it out.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love using the meguiars purple stuff. Smells good and lasts a while. Even through rain.

OP
OP
designit

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the black magic or equal "stuff"... it's a oil / solvant (ish) product... -- any product like that will do... (one's not "better" than the other)

I like to dress it / wait for 5-10 minutes & wipe it down with a rag...

Can't stand that "wet" look... (I leave the wet look to the "rookies" lol...)

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I used the Turtle Wax Wet n Black. But it seems so greasy. Takes a lot do these big things though. I thought it looks OK.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All these crappy pep boys spray shines (meguiars, black magic, armor all, etc..) contain an additive that stains your tires. Have you not noticed that when the shine wheres off your tires look brown. Thats the chemical.

offroadexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The best thing to do is to use a high quality degreaser and soak the tires, let it sit for a while and then hit it with the pressure washer, it pulls all the road oil and such out of the rubber and leaves the tires a dark black, gives them a real clean look, and doesnt leave any residue behind for dust to stick to which is a big problem here where I live in the dust bowl..... Just my o2 all those tire shine products are good for is attracting dirt.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All these crappy pep boys spray shines (meguiars, black magic, armor all, etc..) contain an additive that stains your tires. Have you not noticed that when the shine wheres off your tires look brown. Thats the chemical.

even before i found the black magic gel...i've never notice any discoloring on the tires...and i do it faithfully...maybe thats why i didnt notice...

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even before i found the black magic gel...i've never notice any discoloring on the tires...and i do it faithfully...maybe thats why i didnt notice...

You know what, Im wrong. Upon further reading, the browning is from dirt that attracts to the product. It needs to be cleaned properly. But I still think that half these products are scams and bad for the tire. There are some good ones out there, but very few.

offroadexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know what, Im wrong. Upon further reading, the browning is from dirt that attracts to the product. It needs to be cleaned properly. But I still think that half these products are scams and bad for the tire. There are some good ones out there, but very few.

:hmm: Somebody said something about attracting dirt. :hmm:

:rotflmao: