What brand of wipers do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm due for a replacement - 2018 XLT with original wipers, now 10+ months old. They're chattering across the windshield at the worst time now that the snow is melting and the roads are covered in slush and muck.

In my case, rain is a secondary consideration since that rarely happens while I'm driving. Mostly I need it for cleaning the windshield in winter or spring.

I've bought many different types over the years from Canadian Tire, and I'm fed up with trying to figure out which ones are good without costing $30 each.

So what do you use? How often do you change them? Are the Ford parts the best value?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bosch micro edge conventionals used to be the best hands down and lasted a really really long time. Once the beam/contour style started to get popular the quality was noticeably lacking. Likely hoping folks would jump to the ridiculously expense new style blades.

Cheap old Anco conventional with the metal frame is what I switched to but WalMart quit carrying them and no one else local carries them.
Wal-Mart used to carry them for like $6 each.
Now they carry the Michilen and Rain X instead.
I buy the conventional Rain X now since Walmart does not carry the Anco.
The Rain X not quite as good but plenty good for $7 that I paid today for my Silverado.

I do not like the beam style especially with plastic frames. Especially in the summer when the plastic heats up the ends flap a bit and don’t get a solid wipe.
I far prefer the multiple pressure points of the conventional blade. Now way I’d pay more than $10 for a Blade.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you simply tried cleaning them with rubbing alcohol?

With the crap they put on Calgary roads, I find the cleaning them once a month is enough to get them to last 2-3 years.

Getting the road grime/oil off them works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
Yes, someone on here suggested clean windshield AND wipers really well
and that worked for me to improve performance enough to extend life.

I've spent a lot of money on expensive wipers in the past and been disappointed.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Single beam is important. I just put Rain X on my 2017. The OEM ones were terrible. Rain X on the windshield helps as well.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rain-X blades worked well for me in Ontario... And Rain-X -40 (or lower, for you)

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rain X on all the glass and Anco Aero Advantage blades on all our vehicles.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Walmart or wherever and whatever is 4.99 or less.
Rural King had some on sale a while back for 1.99 or 2.99!
I get no longer life out of any of them and can't tell the difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69