What do you think about these tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haven't been around them much. I talked to a park ranger with them on a 2011 expedition in 265/70/17s and he said they were ok. They howl pretty loud though. I've got BFG AT's on mine and love them, and all of my parents vehicles and all of my dad's work trucks. They aren't very loud, wear great, and work great for traction. Haven't used them too much in mud, but the few times i did, I didn't get stuck. The tires I have on mine are 10 ply as well, I like them better for the weight of our trucks and all of the rocks in the mountains.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it really depends on what kinda off roading you do. my bronco came with a fresh set of bfg a/t's so i will keep em till they blow but i have alot of different terrains i drive through. so i like the kevlar in the goodyears. also take a look at general grabbers

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I thought the bfgs were a little pricey and havent seen much of these goodyears around! I love the general grabbers with a red sidewall but havent found them in a 305/70r17 yet! Anyone who has had these tires?

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The general grabber at's are another good tire and similar to the BFG AT.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was going to get the BFG's when I got my new tires several years ago. I ended up going with Goodyear Wrangler's (can't remember the exact sub name) with the kevlar. I love them. I'm not sure if this is still relevant but at the time they were the ONLY AT/MT tire with a warranty. I would say that over 90% of my driving is on paved or at the very worst gravel roads. That being said I still play in the sand, snow, and mud on occasion. I have never been stuck with these and the noise level is very good. They were quieter than the AT's I had before (can't remember what they were as they were what came on the car when I got it.) and I just absolutely love them. On my car's (sedans) I have always been a Michellin fan but the Kevlar Wranglers really are awesome. If you are in an offroad situation a lot or if your expy is a toy used mainly for that...these are probably not the best tire. If you are looking for a good on the road tire that will be dependable when you are in an off road situation or through mud/snow these are great. Hope that helps, let us know what you go with.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forgot to note...

I also have the stock rims on my expy which are 265/70/17. I think I paid a little less than what the link you have has them listed but my buddy worked at Sears at the time so I don't know if he got me a better discount and that was also a few years ago. When I need new tires for the expy again I will probably replace with the same Goodyears. I should also note that when in the sand I did lower my air pressure to help avoid getting stuck.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hey stealing my thunder... I'm usually pushing the Grabbers... lol

but the old MT/Rs sucked wore too fast but I think the Kevlar ones are too $$ and overrated.... lots of better choices... IMO

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like my Definity Dakota ATs from Pepboys. They were really cheap and I can't complain about them in any aspect. I've had them a couple years now and I would definitely buy them again.

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ive got these Grabber AT2's on mine now… So far They are awesome!! Highly recommend them, especially when the BFG's are so expensive in comparison, and they're almost literally the same damn tire!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker