What do you think about these tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive got these Grabber AT2's on mine now… So far They are awesome!! Highly recommend them, especially when the BFG's are so expensive in comparison, and they're almost literally the same damn tire!

But then again, you dont get to say that you have BFGs :D
I was going to say earlier, but forgot, the kevlars are strong tires, but, if by chance you get a hole, they are harder to patch due to the metal in the tire. But for most driving you'll do, you should will be fine.

99exbyut

Reaction score
ive never bought the wrangler mt/r, but i did have a friend buy them and they are great off road but they will wear out really fast if you put them on your daily driver. if i remember right his tires lasted a little under 18months. so they are a little cheaper then the bfgs but you will be buying a new set a lot sooner then if you just got bfgs. personaly if you ocasionally do some off roading the bfg a/t will be fine.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I thought the bfgs were a little pricey and havent seen much of these goodyears around! I love the general grabbers with a red sidewall but havent found them in a 305/70r17 yet! Anyone who has had these tires?

why dont you get 35x12.50xr17 BFG mUd-terrains or toyo mts or nitto trail grapplers.... you get what you pay for

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck getting the Nitto's, I was going to buy these and back when I was pricing and looking they were backordered indefinitely due to the Japan dissasters… In hind sight Im glad I got the Generals instead.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck getting the Nitto's, I was going to buy these and back when I was pricing and looking they were backordered indefinitely due to the Japan dissasters… In hind sight Im glad I got the Generals instead.

same here... ended up going with BFG MTs, + they had better reviews than the trail grapplers

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i WAS going to go with the gooyear wranlgers but I found out alot of people say they wear out in 20,000 miles so yea IM going to get BFGOODRICh mud terrains now. I would suggest avoiding those mtrs one guy i know with an expedition said one blew out on the highway for no reason at all the thread seperated from the rest of the tire and the sidewall blew out.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alot of people have the Pro Comp Xtreme AT. THey grap everything i've put them in. And i only have a 4x2!!

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alot of people have the Pro Comp Xtreme AT. THey grap everything i've put them in. And i only have a 4x2!!

I have them on my truck but mine are 35's. They were expensive but I couldnt find another tire that had a 40k mile tread warranty on them that had such an aggresive tread. I had these when the snowstorms hit the east coast and was plowing through 3 feet of snow with superior grip. I never got hung up. Mine look good (20k on them) and I see no reason not to get another 20k out of them.