What is coming for 2012 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, just got off the phone with my salesman at the dealership. He stated that Ford has released to the dealerships the info on the 2012's and the ability to start ordering. From the first info that has been released to them it does NOT appear Ford made many changes at all. The engine options appear to be the same, still the 5.4L. The only change that he saw was that you can now get heated seats on the second row.

I am kinda disappointed by this. Had hoped to see more changes and options. Was wanting some of the new options released on the 2011 F150's. Will let yall know what else I find out.

Also, if any of the Ford Customer Service employees are lurking, please fill in some of the blanks!!

Wes

I guess we should just be happy they haven't discontinued the Expedition like they have with the Excursion, and now the Ranger.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, just got off the phone with my salesman at the dealership. He stated that Ford has released to the dealerships the info on the 2012's and the ability to start ordering. From the first info that has been released to them it does NOT appear Ford made many changes at all. The engine options appear to be the same, still the 5.4L. The only change that he saw was that you can now get heated seats on the second row.

I am kinda disappointed by this. Had hoped to see more changes and options. Was wanting some of the new options released on the 2011 F150's. Will let yall know what else I find out.

Also, if any of the Ford Customer Service employees are lurking, please fill in some of the blanks!!

Wes
I looked into this smo0othride and Wes1, and found these updates to the Expedition for the 2012 model year:

• Spotter mirrors are standard on all series
• Front Park Assist is standard on Limited and King Ranch
• Heated 2nd Row Seats are optional on XLT (with Premium Package)
• Sync® AppLink™ – A new feature within Sync®, AppLink™ provides control of certain Smartphone applications using Sync® voice commands is included with SYNC.

Please let me know if you need additional information! :)

Cory

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cory

Are they putting the 4.2in LCD productivity screen on the 2012's like they have on F150s and have just added to the 2012 F250s? I am hoping for updated displays. Also, when will we be able to build the 2012 on the Ford.com website?

Any additional info will be great.

Wes1

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cory

Are they putting the 4.2in LCD productivity screen on the 2012's like they have on F150s and have just added to the 2012 F250s? I am hoping for updated displays. Also, when will we be able to build the 2012 on the Ford.com website?

Any additional info will be great.

Wes1
I looked into your questions and found that unfortunately, the 2012 Expedition will not receive the 4.2 LCD in the instrument cluster. I also found that the 2012 Expedition is scheduled to be available at Ford.com beginning on September 6th! :)

Cory

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cory

So basically Ford has not really done anything with the 2012 Expeditions?!? I find this very sad. Ford is putting a lot into other vehicles, but seem to be pushing the Expedition to the very back of the line!

What's up with that??

Wes1

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cory

So basically Ford has not really done anything with the 2012 Expeditions?!? I find this very sad. Ford is putting a lot into other vehicles, but seem to be pushing the Expedition to the very back of the line!

What's up with that??

Wes1

sales have to go up for them to spend money on upgrading the expy line

Reaction score
Bingo. If there is not much demand, then there it doesn't make sense to invest precious R&D resources. FWIW, the E Series vans are pretty much the same as well. And, ironically, they are also recipients of the 5.4

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok guys, I agree that sales may be down, but how hard is it to take a few of the new upgraded options on ALL lines of the F Series and drop them on the Expys? Don't see much work going into that?!? Just my thoughts.

Wes1