What stereo do i have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JZartman20

Reaction score
I have an 02 XLT. its a double din radio but im unsure if its the MACH or not. The door speaker grills say premium on them. So i take it that's not a MACH system?

B

bedrck46

check your owners manual or you can download the manual at owner.ford.com also go to ford etis and enter your vin number and you can see what was on the expy when built

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Ford never missed an opportunity to place logos on items. If it doesn't say Mach... It ain't.

georgeshannon

Reaction score
I have the 2000 xlt with the premium on the grills also. I can't find a subwoofer anywhere, but the low end to the sound system is great. Is it possible the subwoofer is somewhere other than the back end of the interior space?

2005exp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
put your head next to where the sub would be and listen. That should tell you if you have one.
Or pop the tray and look. Easy enough.

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the premium has the speakers that have the bass in them, cant remember the name, no subwooferbin the back but they sound awesome to me!!!

georgeshannon

Reaction score
Thanks for the informative replies guys. Guess I can stop looking for the subwoofer, Huh?

The bass is tremendous with the premium system. Just wonder if the head unit has a subwoofer output that's not currently being used.