What type of Transmission Temp Gauge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you will have a gauge and if its not enough you can always upgrade later and it will most likely be just fine

i like the shifts to be firm but not slam into gear use the seat of pants meter and play with it a bit..

good luck let us know how it goes

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what I have on my '97.

I put my sensor in the B&M trans filter kit mount which has a 1/8" NPT fitting in the middle (green wire).

Works great for my application, however there are many out there to choose from.

PanHandler.

Attachments

• PB080104.jpg
    PB080104.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 129
  • B&M.jpg
    B&M.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
Expe101

Expe101

Reaction score
you will have a gauge and if its not enough you can always upgrade later and it will most likely be just fine

i like the shifts to be firm but not slam into gear use the seat of pants meter and play with it a bit..

good luck let us know how it goes

Ok sounds good, Ill play with it a bit. Thanks!

I put my sensor in the B&M trans filter kit mount which has a 1/8" NPT fitting in the middle (green wire).

Works great for my application, however there are many out there to choose from.

PanHandler.

Wow, looks sharp! I dont tow that much but I might pick up that filter kit while Im installing the cooler. Looks like it would extend the trans oil life a good bit. Im probably going to put the sender by the shifter mechanism. I'm told that there is a plug I can take out and install the sender where the plug was.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score

PanHandler.

Okay... I have the B&M gauge which I need to put on...
When you installed the filter kit. Did you put the filter kit on as the line comes out of the tranny on its way to the cooler.. or on the return side?

That leads me to a question for everyone...
Which line from the tranny is the outbound side??

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay... I have the B&M gauge which I need to put on...
When you installed the filter kit. Did you put the filter kit on as the line comes out of the tranny on its way to the cooler.. or on the return side?

That leads me to a question for everyone...
Which line from the tranny is the outbound side??

Here's another view of the cooler and how the trans kit was spliced in.
The front of the filter with the magnets is actually facing forward, so if you were to get underneath your expy, slide under head first and just look up.

PanHandler.

Attachments

• B&M1.jpg
    B&M1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited: