whats this warning light mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braddaddy

Reaction score
I have a red light on.... oil can with thermometer together....
My oil is over heating??

I cant find the symbol online

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check your oil! It's probably at least 1 1/2 to 2 quarts low . Also check the coolant level in plastic expansion tank. Should be in the middle of lines. Are you hearing engine noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are getting old 1955moose...forgot to tell him to shut the engine off and why.

We take that knowledge for granted and assume everyone knows it also. That isn't the case in today's world, the students I'm teaching prove it every semester. Guess HotRod magazine has been replaced by some sort of gamer mag.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep forgetting, we sometimes have pre auto 101. Like the time in my early trade school class, where the student didn't tighten up the spanner that holds the tire/wheel to balancer. You should have seen everyone run for cover as the wheel shot across the shop at 100 mph.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was the first thing I was thinking. If it's not digital on a screen these days, they collect dust in a drawer.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Give the guy some slack, my wife's new beetle had a blue light for cold coolant and red for overheating coolant.

He has a light come on that indicates oil and temp - in red, easy to think the oil is overheating if you don't know what they mean.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Were just funnin with the new guy. Remember the initiation when the top mechanic sent you to the parts room to get a radiator hose for the air cooled vw you were working on.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the fantastic attributes about this site is the professionalism and lack of verbal attacks between members compared to other sites. It may help the new members to let them know when you are having fun with them on their "learning curve".

And where did the OP go??????

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wasn't the one that attacked the new guy it was bedrck. If you take life too seriously, you never enjoy yourself. Were all trying to help here. Have a sense of humor, your day will go a lot smoother.