Where to mount brake controller.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been pondering over it it and I really am not a fan of putting screws anywhere in the dash.

How are you guys set up?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333926353.785409.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333926353.785409.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 287

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Mine has long enough wire I always just sat it in the center console. Did not bother mounting it for the little time that I use it.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would recommend putting it in the cubby hole. You wouldn't be putting holes in the dash and you wouldn't see those holes.

OP
OP
jdan

jdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has long enough wire I always just sat it in the center console. Did not bother mounting it for the little time that I use it.

Yea I decided just to go with this. It only gets used twice a month anyways.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DON'T mount it in the center console!

If you trailer starts to get away from you, you won't be able to open the console and hit the manual button fast enough to control the trailer.

Mount it in the cubby hole if you have one, or by your right knee on the lower dash where you can get to it quickly!

I mounted my Prodigy down there, and remove the controller when I'm not using it. Takes all of 45 seconds to mount or remove it.

Marc

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree. or mount it to your center console by your knee. you dont want to look next to you and be like hey that trailer looks just like mine!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev