Which headlights? Help me choose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are the options I'm considering. Please advise thx.

PS don't say Anzo, I have those they started falling apart after 2 years and are now totally Done-zo @ 4.5 years old

Attachments

• 20210915_122908.jpg
    20210915_122908.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 46

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adieu, I'm looking to replace mine on the 2009 also. Choices are thin to say the least. The top ones look cheap to me and like something you would see in a Honda Civic. The bottom ones look pretty good and a little beefier to me. I'm actually considering these myself, or going back stock. Like I said, not a lot of design choices.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aftermarket headlights and tail lights are almost always junk. The only upgrade I'd do to my headlights is retrofitting a quality HID projector and real HID bulbs with ballasts, something like this: http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/2011/05/ford-f150-fx45-minigun-hid-retrofit.html

There are kits that are reasonably priced but you'd need to put in the work. However, the end result would be hugely better than any cheap aftermarket replacements.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aftermarket headlights and tail lights are almost always junk. The only upgrade I'd do to my headlights is retrofitting a quality HID projector and real HID bulbs with ballasts, something like this: http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/2011/05/ford-f150-fx45-minigun-hid-retrofit.html

There are kits that are reasonably priced but you'd need to put in the work. However, the end result would be hugely better than any cheap aftermarket replacements.

I don't have the originals anymore. The light output was crap anyway and I didn't have projector LED fogs back then either, so when one of them got smashed in a minor accident with some cow I went with Anzos.

They worked well enough at first, but HIDs eventually baked the projectors, then the decorative LEDs started dying one by one, and now the plastic is peeling

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing beats OEM for reliability and performance. OEM not "bright enough"? Have them properly aimed. Most of the aftermarket crap blinds on coming drivers.

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced my OEM headlights with the same style (no frou-frou fake projector/LED strip nonsense), just aftermarket "crystal clear" instead of the OEM lame fogged/blacked out look.

Along with a superior bulb (Philips XtremeVision 9008), and it's a huge improvement.

mh68

Reaction score

I agree. I sent my new oem housings to lightwerkz to have them retrofitted with 3.5" hid projectors and dual switchback halos and love them. The light output compared to the oem is might and day.

Attachments

• 20180513_125718.jpg
    20180513_125718.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180607_142500.jpg
    20180607_142500.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 38