Which shocks do I buy????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

halomatic

Reaction score
I have a 2001 4x2 that I'm converting from air to coils and I want to replace my shocks with Monroe Sensa-tracs. Monroe has 2 part numbers - one for air bags and one for coils. I can't figure out what the difference is in these shocks. Are they valved differently or do they have different mounts? If I convert to coils, do I have to buy the shocks that are made for an expedition that had factory coils or do I buy the shocks made for an expedition that had factory air bags? Thanks.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would think if you convert it you would need the converted style shocks.... but then again I could be off.... best answer would be from someone who has done swap there are a few people on here that have

OP
OP
H

halomatic

Reaction score
Here ya go, this should take the guess work out of it.

Well, I already purchased the springs (only) and now I need to get the shocks. I asked the Ford parts guy today and he wasn't too sure of himself. And, they didn't have them in stock for me to compare...

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk about the shocks... i used my stock ones but, get the coil springs from a junkyard, e150 vans, expeditions, and the front ones off f150s, they're all the same. I got mine off a ford van, at a U-pick-it I payed $10 each for the springs. Thats the way to go, and extreemly easy install done in my driveway!