Which spacers are better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkduff99

Reaction score
Which spacers do you guys recommend? The rubber ones or the metal ones. I'm not sure which to go with. Ebay has 2 inch rubber ones and 3 inch metal ones. I want 3 inch but don't how well they work. Any suggestions on what ya'll use. Please help me make a decision.

Thanks, Keith

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What spacers are you talking about ?? The rear coil spacers ??? I used daystar 2" if thats what your talking about .

ExpyPlowGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had both and haven't noticed any differences as far as functioning. I prefer the steel ones though, no good reason why.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I prefer the steel ones. My Expy is sitting on top of the Truxxx 3/2 kit. No issues with form or function, I'm happy with it. This is the 3rd vehicle I've lifted and used metal each time, cannot comment on the poly/rubber ones, never used them. At close to 6000lbs, I'd want as much metal "stiffness" as possible under me. That's not to say that the poly/rubber ones aren't good, just think they might compress over time, personal preference.

OP
OP
rkduff99

rkduff99

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes this is for the rear coils on a 98 EB 4x4. I think i'll go with the 3 inch metal ones. I have the torsion key lift on the front already and just need to bring the back up.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have a 98 as well, and I went with the 2 inch steel ones. KWT has a near identical Expy to mine but he used the 3 inch steel ones on his.

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes this is for the rear coils on a 98 EB 4x4. I think i'll go with the 3 inch metal ones. I have the torsion key lift on the front already and just need to bring the back up.

I too have the 3" Billet Aluminum ones.

As a side note from experience, once I installed the spacers I NEEDED shocks. Mine was the original '97 shocks and it made the ride "unforgivable" over even small bumps.