Whole new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white7wolf

Reaction score
So i got my expy back in December and ever since its had the two lean codes that are common. Cleaned the maf tonight with some electronics cleaner and WOW. I reset the codes and took it for a spin. The first time i floored it it threw me back in my seat =D. My next step was gonna be to pay a shop to change plugs... Glad i did this first!!

Sent from my galaxy s3

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get some MAF cleaner, and open up where your air filter is. The MAF is the sensor just downstream from the air filter. Spray the cleaner in there (not very much at a time, it will evaporate quickly), and then let it air out a bit before reassembling.

Not sure if you have done the Gott's mod, but if you have not, it is worth the 10 bucks and hour of time to get a slightly better acceleration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

white7wolf

Reaction score
Polaris is right. I used the guide i found here: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_maf_clean/cleaning_ford_maf_2.php

I actually used some electronics cleaner. I believe it was like 4 bucks from wal mart. Only use that or maf cleaner. DONT use carb cleaner or brake cleaner, the solvents are too harsh and will damage the sensor.

As far as gotts mod im one step further already =D. The previous owner installed a CAI. The whistle gets annoying on long road trips but we just turn up the music louder lol.

Sent from my galaxy s3

OP
OP
W

white7wolf

Reaction score
Oh, and you can clean it one of two ways, either through the air intake (there's two little wires sticking in there) or you can use a security torx bit and pull it off. I pulled it off just to make sure. Although note also that I've also replaced my fuel filter and fixed the vacuum leak from the pcv valve hoses. So this is step 3 in my quest to get rid of my lean codes lol

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, and you can clean it one of two ways, either through the air intake (there's two little wires sticking in there) or you can use a security torx bit and pull it off. I pulled it off just to make sure. Although note also that I've also replaced my fuel filter and fixed the vacuum leak from the pcv valve hoses. So this is step 3 in my quest to get rid of my lean codes lol

Make sure you check your O2 sensors about that lean code as well.