Why the heck is this hanging loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Qatarguy

Reaction score
Hello all.

2011 Exp King Ranch.

Just seen this drop down from behind the dashboard (Passenger side), seems the previous owner tucked it behind and it got knocked down when i went over a pothole. Could anyone tell me what this cable is for? I'm not so electrically savvy....Hope i could get some clues here.20180305_130021.jpg

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It appears the 'sister/similar' plug is there in the picture...do you see any plugs missing a connector?

OP
OP
Qatarguy

Qatarguy

Reaction score
@17LimitedExpy - No other cables hanging loose except this one. Everything else accounted for. Of course, going by its length, it may well have connected to anywhere, i did try to peep into the cavity around this area but couldnt spot any other loose end. I am hoping someone could identify the black box from where its coming out, to know more...

Plati

Reaction score
Could it have previously been plugged into that "sister connection" and was replaced in a repair ... which now drapes up & over the top, leaving the original one to hang down?

what is that in the center of the picture?
a splice to install replacement pigtail?

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look closer at the pic where the wire comes out of the plenum box and held in place with a grommet. Ask yourself why a wire is coming out of the box....

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look closer at the pic where the wire comes out of the plenum box and held in place with a grommet. Ask yourself why a wire is coming out of the box....
Occams Razor would say its related to the HVAC system. But, Occam never had to work on a FOMOCO product.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@17LimitedExpy - No other cables hanging loose except this one. Everything else accounted for. Of course, going by its length, it may well have connected to anywhere, i did try to peep into the cavity around this area but couldnt spot any other loose end. I am hoping someone could identify the black box from where its coming out, to know more...
Does everything work on the HVAC system? Is there anything that doesn't work correctly or at all?

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was some pothole! if it disconnected a plug like that. It looks identical to the plug I can see part of in the right edge of the photo. And as previously noted, it comes through the grommet in the box making me think it is a sensor. Hopefully someone else with the same year can pop their glove box open and look to see what comes out of that grommet and where it goes. It doesn't seem to be mission critical now, but maybe come Summer when it really gets warm you might find something not working right with the A/C.