Window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree with it buggin the hell out of ya. i loved having 20% on my white one but at night, had to roll the windows down if i wanted to back the trailer in the driveway....other than that, i loved it. and i will be doing the same, only darker, on my black one. hopefully this summer. im not worried about the police, i usually have my windows down anyway since it NEVER rains in this god-forsaken state!!!! man i miss the midwest..hahahah

ssbroly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah backing out of the driveway at night is rough. Roll the window down and stick your noggin out.

wheelspeed

Reaction score
For another data-point in a state that doesn't allow tint on front side windows (PA)-

My wife's Expedition from Texas had 35% on front side windows. I got used to that and loved the privacy and sun protection in the summer. It matches well enough. I got to like it enough to put it on my car. 35% up front, and 25% rear side windows and rear window. Never a problem in 5 years in PA.

Actually, the wife bumped someone in her truck at a confusing construction area of a road and the car in front brake-checked her. Cop showed up and never said a thing about her windows.
Then, in my car, some bonehead slid into my car sideways during a snow storm while I was sitting at a red light. I called the cops and he didn't say anything about my windows either.

But, for a state that doesn't really allow tint, I'm glad I didn't go 25% all around. Imagine how ticked you'd be if you had two beers somewhere, got pulled over for tint and the cop smelled alcohol on your breath.

Only change I may make is to replace the front windshield strip with 25% or 15% instead of my current 35%. I thought I wanted that strip to match the front windows, but I wish it was darker now. Also, I may replace the back hatch window with 15%. 25% doesn't seem dark enough for the hatch window of my car, and I don't think it'd be a noticeable mis-match to have the hatch window 15% and the rear-side windows 25%. With the rear having 25% tint, I still have to flip my rear-view mirror at night because of headlights coming in through the hatch window of my car.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VA law is 50% on fronts...i have 20% all around on wifes car...no issues...secondary offense so they cant pull you over just for tint...truck is FL...15% all around...going 5% all around with 35% or 20% on windshield with 5% strip

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The law in LA for an SUV is 40% on the front driver and passenger windows and as dark as you want on all of the back windows. That being said, I have 5% over 5% on the front two windows and 5% over 5% over the factory 20% on the rear windows. AND 15% on the windshield.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The law in LA for an SUV is 40% on the front driver and passenger windows and as dark as you want on all of the back windows. That being said, I have 5% over 5% on the front two windows and 5% over 5% over the factory 20% on the rear windows. AND 15% on the windshield.

i'm going to do 5 ove my 15...that is already over factory for the rest of the windows and only do 5 on the fronts...20 or 35 on windshield with a long 5 strip on top of that...when it comes to the strip i want it just like i have it now with 15...