Wipers and signals what wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman

Reaction score
Ok so I am a some what new owner to my 2000 Expy. I am having problems with my turn signals and windshield wipers. The signals do not work all of the time (they like to shut off while on) and the wipers just come on on there own. The gut I bought this from said that the switch was just replaced (looks brand new) so i was wondering before i just start throwing parts at it if there is somewhere else i should be looking. I am going out of town this week for thanks giving and will be pulling a trailer and would like to get this fixed before we go but can't afford and dont want to take it to a mechanic. Any help would be great thanks

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Fireman, first, check to make sure that the plug going to the multifunction stalk (what controls the turn signals and wipers) is tight. If that is loose, it can cause what you are seeing and since this was recently done, can be the source of your issue. BUt, if the plug is in tight, then odds are you have another bad stalk and it will need to be replaced.

OP
OP
F

Fireman

Reaction score
Thanks guys that is what I thought. I will take it apart again and double check the plugs in the back and then go from their. I hope thats it