Wiring the Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know anything about audio...

I'm trying to wire up the stock subwoofer & it is making a staticky noise sometimes & other time working fine.

Is it being staticky because of the lose wiring connection or is the Sub no good?.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what kind of noise? just static? then it must be a bad wire somewhere. check all wires. and make sure nothing is touching another one.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what kind of noise? just static? then it must be a bad wire somewhere. check all wires. and make sure nothing is touching another one.

Yes, it's just static. The sub bumps in & out fine. I'm not to sure how to wire it up correctly. I just wrapped the negatives to negatives & positive 2 positives. (The sub wires were cut from the attachment, I dunno why) Then I screwed a cup on both.

Is there a better way I can wire them up?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here it is not wired.

There should be 4 wires power (+/-) and sound (+/-) make sure there not crossed and you at least tape them up if you don't use connectors and you should be good, unfortunately its gonna be a guess n check type thing till sound comes out

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a loose wire connection behind the sub, inside.(frayed) I took electrical tape & taped around the wire. It's not fixed but sounds a lot better.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would rip it out! haha and get a new sub. like what i got. a basic 12 with a good amp. but i think for those its just plug and play till you get it. how many wires are coming out of the sub its self?