Working on AC now won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TestPoint

Reaction score
I removed the power leads from the firewall mounted solenoid and the bracket covering the AC accumulator to get to the low pressure port. After determining that only the front of the bracket needs to be removed replaced the power leads and started the engine and read that the R134a was low. Went to the local AP store for freon and now the truck won't start. Firewall solenoid pulls up but nothing happens at the starter. Battery good and on a starter/charger.

Can't find a schematic after a half hour of 'search'. The vBulletin search function is no better here than on other forums.

The red lead on the firewall solenoid is on the bottom bolt which I think that is how it was before removal but remember that this thing started after the power leads were reattached.

B

bedrck46

well I have schematics But there is no way I an going to try a guess what year, model and engine your expy is
It always helps if you post that information when asking for help as it gives others an idea where to look.
Just because its a 1st generation that means it covers 6 model years and ford does make changes from model year to model year

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since your in nothern GA. you should know the redneck way of bypassing the solenoid with a wrench. If it starts the solenoid is bad. If it doesn't then you need a test light or dvm to check the circuit for power at various points.

Also that is a pretty crappy pic....

Last edited: