Wrapped C-Pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Phil2D2

Reaction score
Bump, anyone have a straight on close photo?

Did you end up with a noticeable gap at window edge?

Anyone figure out the trim part numbers from the Nav and go that direction for this look?

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines holding up (I even wrapped the stainless trim around the bottom of the windows).
I DO NOT use automated car washes - I hand wash all our vehicles.
Did you use a gloss black or a satin black do you happen to know? I have some Satin black, but since mine is a Stealth the rear Expedition logo / trim is black instead of chrome, wondering if the gloss would be a better match. As well as with the D and B pillars, thanks

-Clu-

Reaction score
I'm amazed how poorly that rear door is aligned! I'd take that back and demand they at least get that thing closer! wow

The Pillar looks great tho! :)

Yeah tell me about it! We never noticed it till we wrapped the C- Pillars and realised how much the door alignment was off on one side, it meets up perfectly with the body line on the top of the C-Pillar on one side and on the other it’s off by a good half inch, closes just fine ironically.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/188215904@N08/shares/bj4p96

He said that trim area noted with green would come off and be straightforward to wrap...no problem.

He said there might be a sliver of white showing along the window noted with yellow.

But his main concern was the point circled in red.

They stand by their tinting work and will redo if there's a problem. He said he'd do it if I really wanted it but just said that he doesn't think it will stick and doesn't want to do something that he can't stand behind.

Anyone got a straight on photo of this area of the wrap job?

We just threw mine on one afternoon just to try it so we weren’t going for perfect fitment but even still mine has stayed laid down, in the corner in red which you indicated, just fine. Any vinyl installer has differently levels of coverage they are happy to try and achieve, sometimes to full cover over the paint it requires a pretty deep and awkward cut, they may opt to not go for full coverage in that instance if it means they can atleast have a clean line. I’d be surprised though if they felt they couldn’t adequately cover that yellow area you mentioned.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe @Garrett and I have had our wraps on the longest on the 4th Gen Expys. As he stated, he hasn't had any issues, not have I. It is holding up very well in the climate here in Chicago. @-Clu- love the look you went for!

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm amazed how poorly that rear door is aligned! I'd take that back and demand they at least get that thing closer! wow

The Pillar looks great tho! :)

mine was ****** too, but not up and down. Door was eighth inch from being fully closed.

I saw several vehicles when shopping that had crappy door alignment. Saw some edges off on random doors, but of note my pass rear was the offender. Must be a weak installer in Louisville for that one.

-Clu-

Reaction score
@Randy Schmidt
Thank you! I appreciate it. Yeah long term I plan on getting the wrap replaced and done better, as I’ve said already in this thread, my boss and I just threw it on one day to see what it would look like but my plan is to wrap the mirror caps and the C-Pillars gloss black, then get my front glass tinted down a little because it just looks so smart when it’s black all the way round.

I’ll do a full chrome delete when I get round to it too. Just is a ... lot... of chrome to delete haha