wtf is wrong with my expedition!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the 1st gen expy's still use the rubber vacum pod to accuate the egr valve... so i would use brake cleaner not carb cleaner just for that reason

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
ok i looked up a video on youtube and decided **** it ill give it a try, and i cleaned alot of black crap out of the egr valve. was like 1am when i put it back on and i forgot to put a new gasket on it. so 5 miles of driving today and my cel turned on. im retarded. also i took my side steps off today. looks alot higher now on the 35s :)

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
everyone is taking steps off and I had to put on a set..... damn short wife...lol but tube steps are the way to go if you need a set

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dont feel bad i still have mine on lol wife says i can take them off but when i look under th expy i see how low the fuel tank sits and say nope they can stay on i need a skid plate for my fuel tank i already have alot of new scratches on it. its like my third rock slider:joke:

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
Ok I replaced the sensor, and cleaned the valve. Forgot to put the egr gasket on. Still cel came back. Could gasket fix it? Im losing motivation here

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get the code read... then we can advise you from there on... but a bad gasket could be causing a leak which could trigger a CEL

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok I replaced the sensor, and cleaned the valve. Forgot to put the egr gasket on. Still cel came back. Could gasket fix it? Im losing motivation here

Dang man... I wish I could send you my code reader for a couple of months until you figure it out... Doesn't sound like fun, but heads up (no pun)

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are planning on keeping the expy for a long time... i would invest in a edge cs... power + mpg increase... plus you can read trouble codes right away and dont have to go to an autozone

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you are planning on keeping the expy for a long time... i would invest in a edge cs... power + mpg increase... plus you can read trouble codes right away and dont have to go to an autozone

i have the same mpg and power as my hypertech. but the reading of coses and instant feed back from all the sensors is cool. and i dont have to down shift going up long hills some times now. it just keeps it in 4th and goes.

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
well i pulled the throttle body and the throttle body manifold(whatever it is) and i cleaned those 2 holes. they were plugged completely. redid all the gaskets and i drove it 25 miles and it feels great. better mpg, throttle response is great. but my cel came back on. i have a friend coming over tonight with his scanner and he said he is gonna clear it. he said unhooking the battery doesnt work. i hope this works. i really want to start the interior on this thing but i dont wanna drop money into looks until it is running right. and i will get the edge as soon as i have 400 to throw away lol. also i was watching the youtube video and the 2 hoses that go into the sensor, the dfe goes to the bottom and the hi goes to the top. but on the video he said dfe goes to the top. well my hoses dont reach when i switch them around. can anyone double check this for me? thanks guys. im loving the truck now that is goes more then 5 miles without the needle moving down lol.