Yet ANOTHER Spark Plug thread . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plugs and filters...best to go OEM...everything else use whatever you want

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called Bosche and 2 reps called me back within 2 hours. They agreed to take the plugs back and reimburse me for them, no problem.

So . . still need to buy new plugs within 24 hours, so either the Motorcraft or the NGKs.

Final thoughts before I head to the auto parts store?

Tapered? Crush rings? Bueller? BUELLER?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I called Bosche and 2 reps called me back within 2 hours. They agreed to take the plugs back and reimburse me for them, no problem.

So . . still need to buy new plugs within 24 hours, so either the Motorcraft or the NGKs.

Final thoughts before I head to the auto parts store?

Tapered? Crush rings? Bueller? BUELLER?

I already said I would go with OEM plugs so..

As far as Tapered or Crush rings I would go tapered. I would not even consider crush ring an option with a tapered seal plug hole. I would think that it would cause issues in that there is not a flat surface for the crush seal to "seal" against.

Bueller graduated... lol.

Last edited:

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because they work. I had them in my set up at 12psi making close to 600hp and they never missed a beat. Buddy of mine is running them in a stroked and turboed 97 GT. They're really popular among the high psi 03/04 crowd.

They might be on the cold side for a stock N/A motor though. They're one heat range colder then what comes stock in my Cobra. I don't know how those compare to the expy's though.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Most people run NGK in their charged or boosted engine because that is what they are made for!

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^ +1

Tom is right, stick with Motorcraft and your only option is the tapered plugs because of head design!

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"I would not even consider crush ring an option with a tapered seal plug hole"

Exactly, I agree with you and this is what I was trying to verify. Since some spark plugs that are supposed to be for this engine are not tapered (in the pics), it leaves me in doubt.

If Bob says "I'm the guy that drilled the damned holes and I can tell you 100% that they are all tapered" then that would settle it. Otherwise, it still seems a bit questionable to me.

Anyhoo, at this point I'm just going to buy some motorcraft (tapered) platinum\iridium plugs and be done with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Qty 8 SP-479 \ AGSF22WM

All gapped and lined up, ready to go.

Thanks for everyone's input!