Yet another subwoofer question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Howland

Reaction score
Hey all, so best I can figure is that the subwooofer is gone in my 2001 EB. I have virtually no bass in any of my speakers. Picked up a new one for it and I'm about to install it. I've heard about getting rid of the "cone" in the back of it and sealing off the screw hole in the back of it. Any other tips? I had also heard about putting some polyfill in the box. Would sound dampening material on the exterior of the box help out?

OP
OP
Jason Howland

Jason Howland

Reaction score
Polyfil only stops it from bottoming out that's it and it also restrics the air flow
Alright, maybe I'll skip that for now. What about some sort of sound barrier on the back of the outside of the box? I was thinking to stop it rattling against the exterior panel.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, maybe I'll skip that for now. What about some sort of sound barrier on the back of the outside of the box? I was thinking to stop it rattling against the exterior panel.
Small piece of double side foam tape will cure that.

Kennethemichael

Reaction score
I used the factory box and haven't ever been happy with it. I may just buy a premade 8" box off amazon and put my sub in the back. I just put a bolt in the hole if I remember correctly.