yet more 4 wheel drive problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sinacle1

sinacle1

Reaction score
Just replaced the transfer case switch motor. You have to pull out some pins and use the new plug, everything looked great at the plug when I did that.

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, but when you have a problem and post, a lot of replies say this has been asked and to do a search :think:. Then you do a search and all you find are open ended problems with no solutions posted.

I have a feeling the problem he had was the position sensor in the transfer case shift motor was going bad. Replacing the motor fixes the problem. There are a ton of revisions Ford did to this motor to fix the problems.

hartsemperfi

Reaction score
Yeah, but when you have a problem and post, a lot of replies say this has been asked and to do a search :think:. Then you do a search and all you find are open ended problems with no solutions posted.

I have a feeling the problem he had was the position sensor in the transfer case shift motor was going bad. Replacing the motor fixes the problem. There are a ton of revisions Ford did to this motor to fix the problems.

Exactly ty

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I do agree that many questions have been asked more than once but there is no excuse to tell a member to just do a search.

Also to make a statement that you "have a feeling the problem he had was the position sensor" Unless the OP reports as to what solved the problem we will never know if the sensor was the problem. That is almost as bad as telling someone to do a search Assuming something that is unknown.

To many times help is offered and feedback is never given.

OP
OP
sinacle1

sinacle1

Reaction score

I stated just above this reply that I have changed the switch motor and the problem continued. Anyhow traded the truck in with the problem still ongoing. I an a f250 owner now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that's one way that's guaranteed to make your problem go away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk