Your fault Ford warranty coverage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
esmoglo, do not have Ford replace the glass. Talk to a local windshield shop and they should be able to get you the glass for fairly cheap. From there, you can replace the glass yourself. It is pretty easy. Even if they do it, you should be able to get out the door for under $800 if you pay everything. But then, most insurances have a glass coverage associated with them and for around $100, you can get the glass replaced under that (since it "affects safety").

OP
OP
E

esmoglo

Reaction score
esmoglo, do not have Ford replace the glass. Talk to a local windshield shop and they should be able to get you the glass for fairly cheap. From there, you can replace the glass yourself. It is pretty easy. Even if they do it, you should be able to get out the door for under $800 if you pay everything. But then, most insurances have a glass coverage associated with them and for around $100, you can get the glass replaced under that (since it "affects safety").

Thanks thats a good idea too.

OP
OP
E

esmoglo

Reaction score
Update on this situation with the rear windows, some time has passed to say the least. The truck is at a Ford dealership as of yesterday and Ford has agreed to replace both windows, belt moldings ect. I am not at liberty to discuss what tactics I used but they were aggressive and I bypassed all the Ford customer care BS and am dealing with the factory side of Ford.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

esmoglo

Reaction score
Well she is all done just got the truck back today! It took 2 weeks but it was worth the wait....

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I have had problems with any make's dealer refusing to do the right thing, try another dealer. They compete with each other on all kinds of areas, sales, service and such.
Another dealer just might have a better informed service advisor. Be upfront wth the history because of some of this is in the computer under your VIN. Maybe now the windows are sticking sometimes or rattling or in need of other service?? The idea is to make them inspect the windows and find the problem. I wish you would load up the pictures so we all could see what you are seeing. I know in Florida sand will build up in crevices around the windows and I could see how scratches could happen. It sounds like you are describing more than that though like pebbles under the belt scratching the glass? Good luck.

OP
OP
E

esmoglo

Reaction score
Yea I tired two dealers, Ford customer care and all I got was the runaround. Mind you my service adviser at both dealers said the scratching was not normal and nor had they ever seen it on an Expedition. I am happy with the outcome however not happy with how Ford treats customers. Both windows, wipers, scrapers, door belt moldings and may other parts were replaced. The dealer did a good job and I am happy but it should never take drastic measures to resolve issues that were clearly not of neglect or due to miss use or operation of the vehicle. If I had to pay for this with labor it would have been around $3500 and that’s allot of $$$ it took many hours and tons of parts to fix.

We will need to replace my wife’s old Saturn SUV and I don’t know if Ford will make it on the shopping list and I am a diehard FORD guy. The hassles with rental cars, dealer ship trips, calls, emails, and over all time spent with legal advice has been a huge turn off to the Ford brand.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I tired two dealers, Ford customer care and all I got was the runaround. Mind you my service adviser at both dealers said the scratching was not normal and nor had they ever seen it on an Expedition. I am happy with the outcome however not happy with how Ford treats customers. Both windows, wipers, scrapers, door belt moldings and may other parts were replaced. The dealer did a good job and I am happy but it should never take drastic measures to resolve issues that were clearly not of neglect or due to miss use or operation of the vehicle. If I had to pay for this with labor it would have been around $3500 and that’s allot of $$$ it took many hours and tons of parts to fix.

We will need to replace my wife’s old Saturn SUV and I don’t know if Ford will make it on the shopping list and I am a diehard FORD guy. The hassles with rental cars, dealer ship trips, calls, emails, and over all time spent with legal advice has been a huge turn off to the Ford brand.

With problems like this they are all the same! Unfortunately.
Even the luxury car dealers do this.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
E

esmoglo

Reaction score
With problems like this they are all the same! Unfortunately.
Even the luxury car dealers do this.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Had a much better experience with my wife's old Honda's never had any issues oil gas repeat over 200K miles never saw a dealership except for maintenance items like timing belt. With the Saturn GM is very good we had minor issues but they were fixed and we never had a fight.