ZF5 S-47M 5 Speed Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I kept the BW4406 in mine and it works like a charm.
The advantage I have, my '98 has the 2wd selector. :p

Another advantage of the BW4406 is you don't have to Afro Engineer a speedo encoder. It just plugs back in.
Link to my swap in my sig.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks. I forgot about that thread.

How did it go after the programming (maybe respond in your thread?) ?

OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys I got the tcase parts but I need to fab up a custom shift lever due to the location of where the shifter bracket fits and I'm missing an arm on the transfer case still.... You can use the 4406 or go the hard way and hang a 271 off it if you want the heavy duty aspect of your looking to lift it and solid axle swap like me, I'm going to run down to the junk yard and get the arm but there's still custom fab to do on the shift linkage additionally I have yet to get the custom exhaust fabricated to clear around all the extra beef in the drive train.
UPDATE>> Got my linkage parts gotta find time to install them

Last edited:
OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do I fix the 4x4 with a custom drive shaft now or buy my leaf springs and start saving for the SAS and then get the custom drive shaft for the Dana 60 Im going to sling under the front end???

OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm just going to start saving for the SAS but I just picked up 4 KCs for 100 on Craigslist and man they look sweet but now the trick is finding some good ol' boys who can help me fab up my SAS for cheap because I'm still a broke high school senior I was considering making a go fund me page hahaha but I did hit the junk yard and get the last linkage part I needed to install onmy 271 so now when its not dumping rain I'll put it on

Last edited: