'03 EB puddle lamp bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
The lens and it's housing are one piece. The bulb is one of those that looks a lot like the kind you find in the dome light. It's not an easy job for someone who isn't handy.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a link to a previous post and pics on the subject. http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/mirror-blinkers.27853/#post-226111
Push the mirror housing all the way forward to access the phillips head screw. Remove that screw and then push the inside edge of the mirror glass in so that you can access the clip from the backside of the mirror glass outer edge side. Use a long phillips head screw driver to push against the spring clip allowing the light housing to drop down. A quarter twist releases the bulb sockets. I used LEDs but you can use 921 bulbs if it's easier for you. Second Gen Navigators are the same as Expies except the lens is clear instead of amber. My stock amber lens got water in them and turned to crap, so I replaced them with clear Navie lens and soft white & amber LEDs .

-Mike

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Expedi...ew-Mirror-Turn-Signal-Light-OEM-/321010872005

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did this two weeks ago. The trickiest part is finding and depressing the spring clip that is located about 2/3s of the way to the outside of the mirror. Once you find it and depress the clip the lens drops free and hangs on the wires for both bulbs.

I replaced the puddle lamps with these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1QEY66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are bright white and they don't get hot. I had to replace the right hand lens because my socket was melted.

I'm hoping that the LEDs will last a long time and that I will not have to do it again anytime soon. :)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to sylvania.com to the auto section and put in truck info...every bulb number for the truck

Mr. 10K

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are the dealer bulbs way too expensive, probably, or do they burn out too quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFlash

Reaction score
Just checked mine and the screws look to be torx or allen. My puddle light is out on the driver side.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the dealer bulbs way too expensive, probably, or do they burn out too quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are standard incandescent bulbs, (dealers usually charge a couple of dollars per bulb) they put off a lot of heat that can melt the housing if the doors are left open for long periods of time like when you are doing a thorough cleaning or working on something. They do tend to burn out within a couple of years depending on your usage.

TFlash

Reaction score
They are standard incandescent bulbs, (dealers usually charge a couple of dollars per bulb) they put off a lot of heat that can melt the housing if the doors are left open for long periods of time like when you are doing a thorough cleaning or working on something. They do tend to burn out within a couple of years depending on your usage.
Just did mine on my 06 Limited. A little under $12 for 2 clear and 2 amber Sylvannia 921's at AutoZone.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put led bulbs in mine from ebay but they kept going out...switched to Oracle...no more probs

Mr. 10K