03 Eddie Bauer Expedition Questions about Sound System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone has figured out a solution to my problem.

I have an 03 EB Expedition with the 6-disc indash CD changer, rear seat entertainment and an iPod.

Right now we have the iPod connected to the DVD player inputs with the cord hanging down from the ceiling to the iPod in the cupholder.

We want a solution for this.

What is the best way to get a new Head Unit with touch screen iPod control & navigation but also be able to still use the steering wheel controls and allow the rear DVD player to still work. We have wireless headphones but sometimes we want the DVD sound to come out of the speakers as well.

Thanks in advance.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not sure about interfacing the steering wheel controls..... alpine made that head unit i believe... give them a buzz and see if they have an interface to the factory controls to one of their aftermarket head units.....

Matt R

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I highly recommend getting yourself a Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation unit. It is a 2007 model, you can find it if you shop around for like $750-$800. To retain the factory steering wheel controls, purchase a PAC SWI-PS. You can purchase it from any decent car audio shop, or online from sites like www.installer.com
The D3 has a great iPod interface, but you need to purchase the Pioneer CD-I200 iPod Direct Control cable for like $20 extra.
You can check out the specs on the AVIC-D3 here:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069681_369264980,00.html
(make sure you click on the link to see the demo video!)

The only issue may be the rear overhead monitor. Ford uses several different types of overhead units, and not all are compatible with aftermarket units. I suggest you head over to avic411.com, post a pic or two of the unit your Expy has, and there are some great installers on there that could help you out with this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701