03 XLT Misfire and CEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bow Down

Reaction score
Hi I have 03 XLT 4.6, this morning while getting on the freeway, I floored it and it misfired and the CEL flashed. Let off the gas gave it more gas did the same thing. As I got into the flow of traffic the misfire went away. But when I left work I could feel it misfiring as drove. Then when I got on the freeway the the CEL came on and is still on, misfiring all the way home. So I have a misfire from about 1500 RPM's, and at idle a slight misfire. I haven't got the DTC yet. Do that at work tomorrow, from all the other posts. I was thinking maybe a coil pack. What do you think it might be? I'm hoping it's not a blown spark plug. Thanks for your opinons.

OP
OP
Bow Down

Bow Down

Reaction score
I pulled the DTC and it's P0302 misfire #2 cyclinder. And you were right it was a COP. When I pulled it out it had moisture on it, put the new one in, no more misfire. It took me awhile to find #2 thou. Right side bank second one in. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701