05 e.b and gold bumpers etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanHarrison

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey,

Another question ,needing some advice?

I am thinking of making my E.B completely black. Is it easy to pop off the fender surrounds etc and would you recommend a DIY or professional job?

Or should I just leave them the gold-ish color?

OP
OP
AirmanHarrison

AirmanHarrison

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am thinking really subtle mods, blacked out/tinted lights, some 20's with some good off road tires. and interior mods. but nothing major on the outside. .. well not yet

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Another question ,needing some advice?

I am thinking of making my E.B completely black. Is it easy to pop off the fender surrounds etc and would you recommend a DIY or professional job?

Or should I just leave them the gold-ish color?

should you leave it? up to you...i get a rush parking or sitting at a stoplight next to another gen like mine and them looking at my rims...then my tails and "ROSS" overlay...ESPECIALLY when its the same color as mine...but having the same color makes one think its a limited...so its completely up to you...i dont care for the trim color anymore so as soon as the wife says i can paint it...its going to be a solild color...porb the same color or a fade job

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally like the look of the two tone, if you were going for an all out street looks with black rims and lowered then yeah.

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am planning on doing the same, except the bottom of my expy is charcoal.. I am looking to make it completely black.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you would be able to handle this yourself, just make sure you do good prep work. Its better to take a little more time than have it peel later cuz you worked to fast. As for 20's I would stay with stock size wheels if you plan on doing any major wheeling. It will be a better ride and stronger while off roading from the bigger sidewall, but that's just my thought. But if you blacked your truck out, it would be pretty sick!!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it off yourself, then take it someplace. I'd think that black can be hard to match up, so let the pros do that. Ask for quotes if you do your own prep.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you do your own prep then the cost to paint is really paint plus hardly any labor.. most of the cost for a paint job is prep

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it off yourself, then take it someplace. I'd think that black can be hard to match up, so let the pros do that. Ask for quotes if you do your own prep.

1 agree with EL...unless your a painter