05 EB Heater Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigerlax

Reaction score
I am having an issue with the front heater on my 05 EB. The passenger side works perfectly, but the drivers side only blows cold. It has the dual control with digital display. This happens in all of the different vent settings from the defroster to the floor. The rear air/heat works fine with no issues. Any help or insight would be great.

OP
OP
T

Tigerlax

Reaction score
I could be wrong but it sounds like a blend door. If you have heated and cooled seats, does your seat get hot?

I do not have the heated seats, just dual heat up front. Are there 2 blend doors, one for each side, on the EB's? If so is there a way of bypassing the drivers side one and hooking up both to the passenger controls, or is it just the same amount of work to fix the blend door?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally you replace the motor assembly. If you have dual zones there are two blend doors. Hopefully one of the other guys will jump in. I think they are under the dash but not sure where.