05 Expedition heated/cooled seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jscozz

Reaction score
I am sold on an 05 Expedition XLT since it is the only model that I can get the colors I want (exterior and interior) and it has all features I want except 2... heated and cooled seats and climate control.

Does anyone know if these are features that I can get the dealer to put in for me? i.e. is the climate control just a head unit swap out from the manual AC or is there more to it than that... and can the heated/cooled seats just be added to the front seats or are they whole seat swap outs?

I would consider getting the Limited or EB but I absolutely hate the color schemes, both exterior and the tan only interior.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My sales guy told me he could put in just about any option I wanted. I just don't trust the service deptartments.

I would try to get the factory climate seats. The controls are on the same panel as the main climate control system. If the dealer is installing the seats, they will have to rip the dash apart to install the new controll panel. I would not want those service monkeys tearing into my new dash. It's just asking for trouble down the road.

If you have a good dealer and/or sales guy, he will find the truck you want, configured the way you want. If he can't, go somewhere else...IMO

I just bought an '05 EB this past weekend. We had very specific option and color requests. It took him a week to find it. The only thing extra it had that we didn't want was the moon roof. It is was only about a $650 difference in price.

OP
OP
J

jscozz

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... only problem is that the h/c seats and climate control are not offered on the XLT... and the colors I want are not offered on the EB/Limited... so, no matter what I pay I can't get what I want... I am hoping someone can give me details on the scope of the conversion for both climate control and heated/cooled seats for an XLT.

Thanks,
Jeff

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't notice the XLT part.

What color are you trying to get?

OP
OP
J

jscozz

Reaction score
I want the Shadow Gray with black running boards and dark gray bottom molding and the big one is the gray interior! EB and limited seem to thing everyone likes tan! :)

Jeff

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The limited has Showdow Gray with black running boards and gray bottom molding.

It has med parch interior though. They don't give you much of a choice on interior, do they.

OP
OP
J

jscozz

Reaction score
I think the book says the Limited running boards and bottom molding are body color...

Hard to believe that the top of the line models don't have the choices of the cheaper ones for interiors.

Jeff

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Checkout the Ford Web site under Expedition and colors. You can pick which model you want and color it.

I still wouldn't have those dealer monkeys tear into your new truck!

Even if they were just bolting in seats, they will eventually rattle or pinch wiring or somthing....Just my opinion.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With such an invasive procedure to get those climate controlled seats, I wouldn't trust the Ford Techs installing those either. Keep in mind that those techs are pressed for time and more than likely, they won't put things back the way they should.

For example, if a particular job takes 3 hours and techs are able to complete it in 2 hours, they're rewarded for saving that one hour (I can't remember exactly how) - also, as the customer, you pay 3 hours worth of labor, not 2 because they have a book/computer that states the job takes 3 hours - yeah, it sucks.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by Keydo
With such an invasive procedure to get those climate controlled seats, I wouldn't trust the Ford Techs installing those either. Keep in mind that those techs are pressed for time and more than likely, they won't put things back the way they should.

I decided to investigate the dealer option installers. They are actually a BlueOval Certified Elite team. They even have their own break area. I took some video while I was there. I posted it on this site:

Blue Oval Elite Option Installer

Last edited: