05, grillcraft bg install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazin_teg

Reaction score
:Grenade:My grillcraft bg series grill for my 05 Eddie Bauer came in today. It is the bolt over grille. I noticed when mocking it up that the ford symbol location on the factory grille is pushing the billet grille out and not letting it sit flush. I did remove the ford symbol. Am I supposed to just tighten it down and let it bend the billet grille or should I cut out that section of the factory grille.

OP
OP
blazin_teg

blazin_teg

Reaction score
I'm at work right now so I can't get a pic yet. You know where, on the factory grille, the ford emblem is in the center. It says unbolt the 2 bolts that hold the emblem on and take it off. I did that. Well it still protrudes out where it was. That protrusion is stopping my grille from goin flat against the factory grille. It's a bolt over grille so it attaches to the factory grille. I'm trying to figure out do you just put it on and tighten it down or would it be better to cut the "honeycomb" around where the emblem was so it won't be sticking out at all. It appears your grille is a bolt over cause I can see the factory grille lines at the bottom. How did you put yours on. Btw you have a clean truck. Like it alot. Also I think the new wheels look way better then the old ones.

OP
OP
blazin_teg

blazin_teg

Reaction score
I'm just going to have to send it back. It's not even close to fitting right.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've seen a couple and they seem to be on with no probs...maybe you just got a bad one...i prefer the cut out personally...why fake/perpetrate??? BE REAL ABOUT IT!!! LOL...

OP
OP
blazin_teg

blazin_teg

Reaction score
That's prob what I'm gonna do. Send that crap back and get the cutout. What brand did you go with?