07 A/C not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's the ambient temperature when you were getting these pressures? 85 equalize pressure means it was definitely Low by probably 10 to 12 oz.
If it was over 75 degrees out then your high side was okay but a bit low and your low side was excessively high. On a low charge system your high side would be 150 or around there maybe 125 to 165 and the low side would be down about 28 to 35. Was the vehicle idling at 900 RPMs when you're doing this or did you increase the speed? I like to get readings with the RPMs being held about 1,400 RPMs. I would like to see how low that low-side sucks down to when you take it to 14 to 1500 RPMs.
A weak compressor will have a jumpy high side gauge reading and the low side will not suck down like I said when you rev it up.
Depending on how much charge was in there and what The Equalizer static pressures are, the expansion valve could be stuck open or to open and that would make the high side low below 200 and and would increase the low side up to 60 or 70 like that.
You can't go too much by what the manufacture say as far as ounces. There are some pets that believe in this but I'm telling you they are wrong. You have to go buy performance and more importantly pressures on the gauges. There are tons of systems out there that if you put the exact Factory amount will be okay like 80 to 85% but if you simply pot an extra 6 or 8 oz in the low side will come up and the coolant formats will be a world better.